Saturday, July 14, 2012

A phone on your wrist

"Hello. My hand is busy right now."
Several months ago two things happened simultaneously. One, all of the batteries in my watches died. Two, the jeweler where I'd gone for years to have the batteries replaced went out of business.

So for a while I didn't wear a watch, and I realized that I didn't miss it. Everyone carries a cell phone now, and the network-supplied time is presumably more accurate than a watch we set ourselves.

Then I began to image that the watch of the future would be our phones. I just now came across one somewhat bizarre rendering of this idea.

The photo to the right shows Italian designer Federico Ciccarese's concept. He is well known throughout the blogosphere for his Apple product concepts. Now Ciccarese has released a futuristic iPhone concept that takes a very different approach to wearable technology.

I don't know why he thought interlacing it with your fingers was a good idea. Otherwise, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment